Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I partied like it was 1999!

The title says it all. This last weekend has officially beat out all my other weekends, well maybe except for when I was back in college, when I was young, naive and reckless. Guess I'm not young nor naive anymore but still a little reckless, HA! j/k y'all..

But anyway here goes the chain of events:

Thursday evening, I got off work as usual and decided to hang out with Joe downtown. The weather was amazing so we walked around and had dinner. Soon after that we met Dave at Noodles along with Zack, John G and James and they managed to convince me to go out that night. It turned out to be a good decision since Soco was totally packed and the music was good. Of course there were other friends there and we all danced after the show. The night ended and as usual everyone headed for IHOP. I had to work the next day so I politely excused myself and went home and crashed at 2am (which was no doubt, still very late).

Next day, I was not too productive at work obviously. Got off work, was planning on taking a nap but Dr Matt called and we ended up going to dinner. Brandon came along and we went to the new Bangkok Gardens; the restaurant was nicely decorated but the food was the same (no improvement), we had to wait for about 1 1/2 hrs for our food and they ran out of rice! So I probably won't be going back there anytime soon. Went to Coldstone after that (Muurrr) and then headed to Justin's party after that. It was really good seeing Matt again after so long but I did feel bad for not hanging with him more but he had to be up at 3:30 am to moonlight at some hospital so he was probably glad I had to leave early.

Justin's party turned out to be a real success. A ton of people showed up (Justin, Chadd, Dave, me, Joe, James, John G, Jerod, Danny, Airforce John, Matt, John Millionaire, Byron, John Filipino, Gary and a bunch others that I don't remember). Halfway through we left for Soco, danced and then came back and partied some more. I got pretty drunk and finally left Justin's at about 3am, the party was still very much alive. I later heard that the last guest left at around 6:30am, craziness :) Joe drove me home that night so no worries about drunk driving.

Saturday, I got up at around 11am and later Dave, Joe and myself hung out at the mall and had lunch at Chipotle. In the evening we (including Steph, Em and Amy from Dave's BLADE) were all invited to John Millionaire's for a cook out. He lived in Highlands which was a pretty upscale neighbourhood to begin with but his house definitely blew away all the others on that street. A private driveway and they had an 8 garage attached to the house with 3 more garages in a separate shed. They also had a separate guest house which was quite impressive but John's a very down-to-earth guy, which was good. I just cannot stand people who likes to talk big. The bbq went well and most of us from the bbq headed to Shattered after that. We danced away to the 80's music. We left for Jerod's after party after Shattered closed at 2am. Jerod/Danny lives in a pretty nice town house south of town. I thought it was funny when we all made champagne toast to everything from John coming out to his parents to Asians to friends forever to short people etc etc lol. We hung out there till about 3am and then took off. The party was so much fun and we all got quite drunk AGAIN!

The next day was Earth day so went downtown with H2/Mas and the same group of people from Thurs/Fri/Sat and hung out yet again! I'm glad that we are expanding our group of friends to include more and more really cool people. I am truly very happy with my social circle starting with the core of Dave and Justin. Anyway we walked around, enjoyed the weather and then had dinner at Addison's. After dinner, Dave, James and myself went to Coldstone yet again (double Muuuurrr) and pigged out on ice cream. I'm glad I dragged my ass to the gym yesterday and did about an hour of cardio workout.

So that was my totally crazy weekend. We took a ton of pictures so I'll be posting them soon. This Saturday will be inventory so I'll have to come in to work, booo :( But it'll be Steph's birthday Sunday so that'll be fun. I need to also relax a little more for I feel like I'm coming down with a cough. With all these partying, I bet my immune system is working double time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

!!!! Your life is the best!! Keep enjoying!..;)

Anonymous said...

Yay! I love new posts. My life doesnt have near the excitement as yours. Keep up the good work, and all of the fun!!!

-Ro