Monday, May 01, 2006

My first Nephew!

So how was everyone's weekend? I hope it was good. How was mine, you ask? Well I didn't really have one since I had to work 12 freakin hours on Saturday doing physical inventory! Got off work and had dinner with Steph, Em and Dave at Chilli's then later went to Brook's surprise birthday party. After that we went to Shattered for Mark's (of Mark&Daniel) birthday party.

There is definitely no shortage of birthdays around this time. There is Steph, KK, H2, Tze and also my brother, all celebrating within days from one another. Steph's birthday (a big shout out to Steph "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!") was Sunday. We gathered up the group and had lunch at Flat Branch. After that I just got home and rested. I am still not 100% recovered as I have a bad sorethroat but my cough's gotten much better. I need to lay off late nights for a while until I start feeling better.

Today is KK's birthday (another shout out to KK, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"). I also received some good news from my oldest brother, Ewe. I am an UNCLE to my FIRST NEPHEW!! He sent me a text message saying that Masako gave birth to a healthy baby boy, Tatsuya, weighing 3.4 kg at 8:32pm May 1st. I have yet to find out all the details. Will definitely have to call and get as much info as possible. It's so hard being an uncle and living on the other side of the world, these are times when I really want to be back home with family. My niece, Naomi's starting to walk and talk and she barely knows who I am :(

My 2nd brother is also expecting a baby sometime this year. Sure seems like babies are popping out left and right this year. If you read an earlier post, my friend Reema + Chad just had little Arden. I also received an email from my old college buddy, Adam, telling me that his wife just delivered a baby boy, Wynn. I just feel so happy for all these people and truly wish they were all much closer so I can join them in celebrating their happiness.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS Nick!! And congrats to all of your friends and family with these little miracles!

-Ro

Anonymous said...

Hi Nick, Hope you get well soon : )!
Try gargling with salt water...it will help make you feel better.
Congrats on becoming an uncle!

Take Care,
Huai

Anonymous said...

Ha! Now who's the UNCLE now? *evil laughter*