Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Graduation

Time flies! It really does. I have been secretly hoping that May '06 will not arrive since about Summer of last year but I cannot believe how fast it has passed me by. It has been great though, I have absolutely no complains. It's been a great ride.

I attended Joe's graduation this past weekend at Columbia College and I will be attending quite a few others this coming weekend for Mizzou's graduation i.e. Dave, H2, Matt M, Emily, Matt G and quite a few others. This is a big milestone and it means it's the end of one chapter and the start of another for these people.

A small fear in me is that the new chapter for these people will not include me. I don't mean it as to us not being friends anymore but majority of them will be moving away and friendships always change when people move away. We will talk for a while and as time goes by, we drift further and further apart. I know I will definitely not lose touch with some of the closer ones but still it just won't be the same. I know, I know...never say never...but if experience has taught me anything, most friendships almost always does drift apart. I am just as guilty of it myself.

I have had quite a few chapters myself and have made amazing friends along the way. Some of the really close ones, we still keep in touch but somehow it's not the same. Little things like being able to "read" each others mind or body language or finish each other's sentences or funny little sayings or made up words will no longer be shared or used. But that is just reality. Nonetheless, I am still so amazingly grateful that I had the chance to become apart of their lives. Hopefully, our paths will cross again, one just never knows!

I don't show much of these emotions because deep down I am truly happy for all of them for accomplishing this major milestone. I guess I am just selfish, but then again aren't we all just a little bit selfish sometimes.

4 comments:

~L~ said...

I know exactly what you meant. But when path cross sometime down the track, its more amazing and fun to fill in the gaps :) on another note, congrats being an Uncle! :P

Anonymous said...

Ditto - most friendships almost always drift apart.

Anyway, you don't have to worry..I'll always be your closest girl friend no matter what. Hah! ;) Anyway, look forward seeing you again on Thursday. It'll be a another fun nite. Yay!! Oh..we're invited to a b'day party at Sake on Thursday!!! But we may not go since I don't really wanna see the CB face!

Tze & Yeesin said...

Friendships may drift apart, but it doesn't have to be that way. Just take the time to slow down from our daily schedule, and make the effort to reach out and keep in touch... Who's to say that we can't personally make sure to keep contact via IM,email,phone calls, or even *GASP* blog responses! BTW, we're missing you guys (you and H2) over here!

Anonymous said...

Nick, you are such a great friend. I hope (though I'm almost positive) that your friends realize how lucky they are to have you in their lives. They are fortunate to be missed for it is only true friendship and real love if you are missed when you are gone.

-Rochelle