Thursday, April 13, 2006

It's so late, it is...early!

This past weekend was just like one of my usual weekends, too much partying, too much alcohol and staying up way too late. Before you say anything, I realize that this kind of behaviour is detrimental to my health but I have an excuse (and I'm not just making this one up). As you all know I am majorly stressed out and hate going to work but my social life on the other hand has been GREAT and I absolutely love it and it is pretty much the only motivation for me to keep toiling in to work day after day. So back to my excuse, my social life might come to a screeching halt! (I'm praying really hard that it doesn't) The way I see it, those that are very close in my cirlce for eg H2, Dave, Steph, and Dr Matt are leaving Columbia! Dave is graduating from Law School, H2 is getting done with her Phd, Dr Matt is done with residency...so pretty much 80% of my close friends are moving away. I definitely hope that I'll be able to branch out and rebuild my social circle but it's going to be hard. Soooo because of that, I'm taking every opportunity to spend time with my friends and party it up. I know it's bad to overdo it but all I can say is it's not going to last forever and before I know it, I'll be staying home on Saturday nights watching TV all by my lonely self :(

OK now back to my past weekend. I was supposed to hang out with Dr Matt since I blew him off the week before but I guess what goes around comes around because this time he blew me off because Matty was coming into town. I ended up going to Fulton with Justin for some "talent" show. It wasn't any good so we left, took a tour around Fulton (which is where Justin grew up) and came back to Columbia and had Sushi at Osaka. Dinner was very yummy and totally ran into Dr Matt and Matty. We were supposed to meet up with Dave after but he totally flaked out on us (He had a movie date with actor Alex) and we just called it quits around 11pm. I was a little pissed wasting my Friday evening because I was all dressed up and ready to go out.

Anyway the next day, I was supposed to do a biathlon with Steph but since I couldn't transport my bike in my car, I flaked out on her. I ended up hanging out with H2 majority of the day eating at this new tea house, Kayotea, going to Sams and then later to the mall. We rounded up most of our friends and went out to Soco later that evening and it turned out to be alot of fun. H2, Mas, Dave, Justin, Chad, Chad's sister, Joe, and myself showed up (later met Brandon, John Millionaire, Ben and Eric) and we totally danced the night away. After Soco, with me being a little tipsy, we headed to IHOP (which is totally the place to be after bars) and just hung out there till 3am. As usual there is always IHOP drama, but I won't get into that in this post. After IHOP, I was still feeling pretty awake (must have been the "special" tea I had earlier) so I went over to Don's to hang out with Matt and Don. We just sat around and talked and smoked some.....now now don't hate and don't judge...hehehe ;) It was all good...Don and myself got into talking about world civilizations and Chinese history/civilization (trust me, this kinda shit happens) and it turned out to be a great chat. Matt passed out around 4am but Don and I kept yakking away. When I finally left Don's, it was around 6:30am and the sun was rising! I think the last time I was out till the sun rised was when I was 18 or 19 in Inti College and being totally stupid. I just remember having this odd feeling and telling myself that it so mother effing late that it's actually...early!!!

I got up at 2pm the next day. I would usually feel like shit on days like these but amazingly I woke up and felt exceptionally good. I had some lunch and headed out to the gym and met up with Matt. We played some racquetball, did some weights and ran for about 2 miles. After all that, I was still feeling quite energetic like I can run another mile or two but I decided not to push it, so I went home eagerly expecting new episodes of DHW and GA but neither one of those were new! KNNCCB...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had alot of fun that weekend too. ;)

Anonymous said...

I miss those days.....

Tze & Yeesin said...

wah uncle. Miss those college days wehn I can wake up at 2pm too! And looks like you got some blog spam on your site already!!!

Clarice said...

What and where is this SoCo place you kept talking about? Look like i need to take a trip to Columbia to check out all these new places...... H2 and Nic, remember the $5 moment at La Trattoria?

Nick 10 said...

Of course I can remember, how can I forget such a priceless evening ;)