Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Happy Birthday, Dave!


Dave's bad-ass birthday cake!

I was not feeling well most of last week (actually called in sick on Wed) but by Friday I started feeling better and totally partied all night and got drunk. I was definitely asking for trouble for I had barely recovered ;) But it's all good and it was Dave's birthday! He turned 25 on Fri, Mar 31st just one day before April fools. We reserved the Pasta Factory and of all 15 people that said were coming, about half showed up. Dinner was good, as usual Justin & I bought him dinner and an ice cream cake from DQ and I got him a leather bounded resume holder thingy. After dinner, we went to Tellers for a few drinks and then off to Soco we went. The night was fun and I had a little too much to drink. Started off with a Chamborg (sp?) at tellers and followed by a smirnoff, jello shots and red bull tattoo at Soco. I wouldn't usually drink so much but this new guy I met Jerord was really cool and kept buying me drinks. It was awesome! I guess I went pass my two smirnoff limit. I apparently passed out on someone's shoulder while dancing. LOL. After Soco, we went to Ben's where Dave got even more trashed by doing Yeagar shots. I finally went to bed at 4am!


Chattin and drinkin at Tellers bar (L-R: Justin, me, Zack, Mark, Daniel, Mike, Dave, Em and John)

Dave, me and Justin drinking somemore at Soco, I'm starting to get really red!

Danced our booty's off (Justin, me and Jerod)
The next day H2's friend Kenneth from KC was taking a trip to StLouis and originally it was just the two of them but after some persuasion I decided to tag along. It was rather fun we went out again on Sat night, first to Novaks then to the Complex. I didn't drink much but we danced and I just remember feeling really sore and tired by the end of the night. I remember thinking that I'm getting too old for this kinda non stop partying ;) The next day we had dim sum and then went to the Galleria to do some shopping. I got home around 6pm and passed out on my couch :P




Short Talk:

Went out to watched "Why We Fight" at the Rag Tag yesterday with Joe and I must say very good independent movie/documentary. It was definitely biased but still educational. Definitely go check it out if you have the chance. It pretty much analyzes just like the title says...why America goes to war. Starts off with Eisenhower's final speech as President warning America about the Military Industrial Complex which is fast becoming a self fulfilling prophecy. One of my favourite lines in the movie is "...the military spent 3/4 of trillian $$, when War is this profitable, we'll definitely see more if it..." indeed very sad but true. Also gives a funny yet true story about how the US totally screwed around in the Middle East starting with Iran and then to Saddam, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. It's amazing...

It's amazing to see how much money is wasted and how much corruption exist in this country. One of the things they said that I truly believe is there is definitely NO COINCIDENCE that a military contractor becomes the US VP. It's a good movie, go see it...

No comments: