Thursday, December 08, 2005

Snowy Thursday

Columbia, Missouri got our first significant snow fall today. I woke up, opened my curtains and saw that all of my backyard and everything else was completely white! As usual for a second I was mesmerized at how calm and pure everything was but that quickly changed when I remembered I had to be at work in 30 minutes.

I think there was a good 2-3 inches on the ground when I left for work. As I drove, I heard on the radio that some schools were shut down and so I wondered if work was actually called off due to inclement weather, I just about choked on my PB sandwich. Dawned on me that work's NEVER called off no matter how bad the weather is. There's a lady that worked there 26 years and she's never had such an occasion. Ahhh the joys of working in Manufacturing. Someone remind me again why I'm in this industry or this company? Oh yeah, guess that'd be for my greencard. That damn card better be worth it!

I better stop talking about that damn card. I've been doing good so far trying not to think about it. Whenever I get even remotely reminded of my Greencard process, I get extremely depressed and helpless. Maybe it's the uncertainty, maybe it's wanting to change jobs, whatever it is it just SUCKS!


Short talk:

  • Went to watch Rent over the weekend. Not a big fan of musicals usually but this one was actually very touching and good. Aside from that didn't really do much over the weekend. It was too damn freakin cold!
  • Received a brand new desktop at work Monday. Thought it was going to be some hand-me-down POS but turned out to be brand spankin new, complete with flat screen monitor.
  • Went to check out Restaurant Grill 1 five last night with Dave and Em where the food was a little above average. The owner was nice. Talked about Dave drama. Joe joined us after dinner for drinks where him and I got into a little spat :( Stayed way too late, left around 10:30pm
  • May go check out Club Generic this weeked with H2. Also talked about possible Vegas trip for Xmas and Minneapolis for New Years.



Currently reading:

Blink by the author of Tipping Point Malcolm Gladwell

Currently listening:

X&Y by Coldplay (I'm totally in love with this Album)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU HAVE FAILED! I get to bitch about Weder now. I'm on your blog b/c I'm showing big gay John your pictures... but, thanks for the text today. I can't wait to go out this weekend! :)

Anonymous said...

L> Yup! X&Y is the best album so far! followed by Moby.. thats me anyway :)Rent is a funny musical i must say!