Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Happy Turkey Day!

It has been quite a while since I last posted anything here. I've just been really busy, not sure with what though. Two weekends has gone by and I've not contributed a single entry to my blog...tsk tsk tsk...I feel bad now so I'm gonna make up for it by writing an extra long one, so go get a cup of hot cocoa and continue reading. Let's start with the weekend before Thanksgiving. I went in to St Louis with Dave because lately I've been shopping around for a BMW 3 series (I know, I know..I don't need a new car for the current one works absolutely fine but I...ok you got me...I don't have a good reason just that I'm sick of the current one, reason enough?) and I saw an ad from a private seller on Autotrader. Looked good online, it was a 2002 325xi titanium silver.

Beemer that Dave & I checked out in St Louis 2002 325xi

So I called and made an appointment with the guy. Got in to St Louis around lunch time Saturday, Dave & I went to meet the guy and took the car for a spin. He was a nice guy and car looked and drove great. Apparently he was selling it because his 18yo daughter who's been driving it for the year didn't think it was "sporty" enough (GOSH brat alert!) and Dad was going to buy an Audi TT for her (where were parents like these when I was growing up). The bad thing was the inside was pretty trashed up. It was quite dirty, presumably from the daughter, and the guy refused to even match the blue book value. So I was like see you later!

After that Dave and I feasted at a chinese buffet restaurant (Emperor's Palace) at Chesterfield, it was great food they had japanese(sushi), mongolian, vietnamese(pho), american chinese, authentic chinese (dim sum etc) and best of all a giant chocolate fondue where you can dip fresh strawberries, bananas and marshmallows. It was very delish but we both ate WAY too much. We didn't eat anything else for the rest of the day. After the late lunch we rested for a while and then proceeded to Randal Steele's (one of Dave's lawyer friends) wine party. It was fun and we met a bunch of people there who joined us at the Complex later that night. It was awesome, we danced from the time we got there till it shut down. I had a blast!!

Our thanksgiving dinner....see how hard we cooked ;)
So the next week I only had 3 days to work so I was very happy ;) Woke up bright and early Thursday packed and drove in to Kansas City where we helped prepare our Malaysian-American Thanksgiving dinner. We had it all! Traditional turkey, greenbean casserole, stuffed mushrooms, potatos, vege casserole and pumpkin pie! It was all very good! We had our feast and later went to watch Harry Potter at 11:30pm which was a good movie but screening was way too late. We were all falling asleep in the theatre and we finally got out at 2:30am! It was late, we were all mellow from the tryptophan in our turkey and to our HORROR when we returned we found Benji had crashed through his doggie gate and made his way to the dining table where he feasted on our Thanksgiving feast! Food was everywhere, turkey leg bone and stuffed mushrooms on the floor, potatos on table, it was total CHAOS! Everybody was mad and started screaming at Benji including his favourite Aunt Elaine who usually is the first to defend him but this time the evidences were too many and too obvious. Eventually anger turned into sympathy as we were worried if he had ate too much. He had puked all upstairs and later puked somemore all throughout the night. He didn't look like he did so well the following couple of days. Click picture below for a previous article on benji.

Caught red handed. And the verdict for Benji is GUILTY!

Unfortunately we had to throw away most of the food since Benji had his way with them. We did save some of the turkey for our turkey curry mee which is now starting to be a tradition. We've been doing this for the past 3-4 years. Aside from that, for the next few days we did very little. We just talked, watched TV and just relaxed. I did see another BMW online and called the guy. This one's a 2001 330i Steel Blue, H2 and I met up with him and drove the car around. H2 made an instant connection with him (diesel jeans) and she thought he was hot. He was a young college student who apparently can't "make" the montly payments. It was a very good looking and clean/shiny car both inside and out and drove very well. It even had the premium package with Harmon Kardon speakers and Xenon headlights which was a plus! But upon further inspection though, I found couple of dents on the side and most alarming were the damages at the back of the car, near the trunk. It almost looked like someone was trying to pry the trunk open. I'm still contemplating if I should make the dude an offer. Really depends if he'll lower his price somemore.

Another BMW H2 & I checked out. This one's a 2001 330i in Kansas City.

We also celebrated YS's 28th birthday over the Thanksgiving weekend. It was going to be hard trying to get everyone together again. Elaine baked her a very yummy cheesecake but unfortunately the crust stuck to the pan. Regardless it was still delish and we all just digged in =) Elaine, H2 and me shared and got her an Express gift cert.


Yee Sin's birthday and cheesecake compliments of Chef Ong

All in all It was really nice having everyone around. Eventhough our families were all far far away, we somehow bonded together and treated one another as one of our own. Most of our American friends have their families to go home to, but we had our own little extended family to celebrate with and we've been doing this for the past 4 years. We all left the pretty early on Sunday and that pretty much wraps up another thanksgiving celebration at the Yeoh's.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uncle Nic very "ho giak" now a days ah, getting a beeeeeemer.

Anonymous said...

Wah-lau-eh! Checking out beemers-ah? Must be very affordable, right? Yummmy Yum Yum, looking at the food laid out. Where's the photo of "crime" scene! It would have been hilarious.

Tze & Yeesin said...

Eh, the yeoh's must start charging uncle nick for his stay already... Rich rich can buy beemer now!

Anonymous said...

wooo..beemer!!! buy me one tooo ok??