Monday, November 14, 2005

Cranberry Crawl


Before the run: Joe, me & Steph (L); Steph, me & H2 (R)

Wow...what a fun and productive weekend it has been, but then again when is there ever a "non fun" weekend? ;) The main event this weekend would be the Cranberry Crawl, a 5K run/walk in Columbia that I found out through Steph. I managed to convince H2 and Joe into participating as well. I went to bed extra early on Friday night (which is very rare) and woke up bright and early on Sat morning, at 6:30am mind you. I don't even get up at 6:30 on workdays! I wanted to be well prepared since this IS my first ever 5K run =)

The run started at 8am, weather was great (kinda cool, ideal for running) and there were a ton of people there, by my guesstimate there were approx 150 people who participated and another 20 to 30 who volunteered. We chatted with a few participants before the run and found out that this is one of the hilliest 5K runs in Columbia but I was like "eer ok, not like I'm gonna win anything anyway". All I wanted was to complete the run in under 30 mins, which I did!! YAY!! See results at http://ctc.coin.org/results/ccrawl/cran05.html
The run went amazingly well, I ran the whole way...even up those freakin hills and I was still weirdly energetic after the run ended. Of the experience, I especially liked the part where the volunteers cheer you on and passes out water and people were all clapping and screaming at the finish line, I mean it felt like I was in the freakin New York marathon or something hehehe ;) Putting all jokes aside, I did have so much fun and will definitely do it again, maybe even a 10K in the future. It was just so incredibly motivating to run along with a bunch of other people.


Me, Joe and H2 (L) & A group pic of after the race (R)

Later that night, went to watch Jarhead with Joe, Brandon and Patrick. Everyone I went with thought the movie was really good but I was just like nnyyyaah, I thought it was just a so-so movie. Maybe it's because I'm not American and can't relate to the patriotic side of the film. But regardless, the movie wasn't bad and it wasn't a complete waste of my $6.50.

Didn't really do much on Sunday. It was Joel's 26th birthday and I baked a couple of cheesecakes for him. I experimented with one by adding some bananas and it came out really good. Took him out for dinner at Chilis and later had Joe, Dave, Em, Steph and H2 come over to hang out and celebrate and also watch DHW and Grey's Anatomy. Watching TV with a group of people is somehow more fun. Don't ask me why. Joe & I also gave him a Comic book present. And that pretty much wraps up another weekend....

No comments: