Monday, August 07, 2006

Portland/Seattle

The trip is over and waking up for work this morning was a bitch!

Other than that, my trip went well. Flew in to Portland (PDX) from Kansas City (7/29) and then flew from Seattle back to St Louis (8/5). It's a weird route but that was the cheapest. We drove to Seattle on Thursday and on the way made stops at Canon Beach and Astoria.

Met Justin's friends John, Bryan and Kevin while in Portland and in Seattle met up with John E and UA's alums Bobby, his bf Sam and Brandon.

Here're the chonological list of dramatic events ;)
- Tiff with a roomate (pretrip)
- Almost missed KC-Portland flight
- Left Dave's cell and dinner in car
- Received info about uninvited guest in my house (i'll have an article about living w/ other ppl)
- Got a speeding ticket in Oregon (f#$%ing $350!!!!!)
- Huge fight with Dave
- Huge talk the next morning ;)
- Dave's car got towed

I think that's about it. Both Oregon and Seattle are such beautiful cities. Weather was amazing as it was in the 70s in the day and 60s at night. A light jacket during the day and windows open and cuddle under a blanket at night. It was just perfect. We went out to the clubs just about every night, that was interesting. I bought my first pair of Diesel jeans and visited my first West Elm store. Noticed a lot of crazies/homeless in Portland. We also ate at the New Seasons market just about every morning before our daily adventures. New Seasons is a really cool all natural/organic store that reminded me alot of James and Alex. On the way to Seattle, we visited Canon Beach along the coastline of Oregon. It was so pretty out there. We just strolled along the beach and took in the beautiful scenery. We didn't do much in Seattle as we only had two days there. Visited Pike's place, saw the space needle from afar and visited the first Starbucks. We also hung around Capitol Hill quite a bit. It is amazing how open and liberal these two cities are. It made me happy =)

Pictures will be coming...

2 comments:

Clarice said...

Argghhh... you make me want to move there so much more!!!!

Anonymous said...

My car was towed before our dramatic fight... that was a contributing factor to my disposition, no doubt.

I think that little part of our vacation could have been left out. You see... on my myspace, you will find only happy pics. In our memories, this could have been the vacation of our lives! But... reality is good too.

I had forgotten to read your blog until Joe told me about it.

By the way, do you mind if I sleep w/ Joe when we visit him in Chicago?

JK... LUV, sista!

Myspace has made me crazy angry.

I want to redo my whole page. :(