Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Summer's Ending :(

Summer's almost over and in a way, I guess I'm glad that the weather will be a little cooler for a few months at least until the most hated freezing months of Winter but that won't be until Jan and Feb. The one thing I will miss is the long days of Summer where it can be bright up until almost 9pm. The days are starting to get shorter which is still ok for now but it gets quite bad during Winter where it's still dark when I leave for work at around 7:45am and the sun would have set by the time I leave at around 5pm. I guess that's why suicidal rates go way up during the Winter months.

 

So switching to a separate subject, I've always wondered why when a Westerner works in Asia/Africa/Middle East, he/she is often referred to as an "expatriate" but when a non-Westerner works in a Western country, they are often viewed as legal or illegal migrants or worst still aliens! Just food for thought...

 

Anyway moving on, this last weekend was spent mainly on the road. I made a road trip up to Quincy, IL to look at a car I had found on Autotrader. The drive was uneventful but the city of Quincy (pop. 50,000) was a pretty little city with a cute downtown and Victorian style homes along Maine St. I met John, owner of Castle Stove, test drove the car for over an hour and decided to get it. I'm really excited. I'll be posting pictures once I get it. After Quincy I drove down to St Louis and spent the weekend with my friend Dwan. It was fun, we went to dinner at Little Saigon at CWE and later watched Kung Fu Hustle. The next day we went for some yummy Dim Sum. Unfortunately I missed Justin (8/17) and Chadd's (8/20) birthday celebrations.

 

 

No comments: