Monday, March 06, 2006

M.I.A.

I know I have been totally MIA (Missing In Action) lately but I have just been busy/sick/you name I've got it. Feels like it's been months..ok..couple of weeks (I have to be dramatic, what can I say) since I last wrote anything. In the last two weeks, I went to St Louis with Justin, Chadd and Dave to celebrate Mardi Gras along with the rest of Columbia, came down with cold/flu AND.....that's about it. So as you can see nothing major has really happened either. Sooo no big loss =D

Let's start with the weekend in St Louis which was the weekend of Feb 25/26, on that Friday I took 1/2 day off and hung out with Joe. Weather was just fabulous. Later that evening, Justin and I hitched a ride with Chadd in to St Louis. We got in around midnight and tried to meet up with Dave at Freddies but with much drama between Dave and Charles we ended up meeting at The Complex at around 1:30am. Staying true to our very dramatic theme for the night, Dave got us kicked out again for the 2nd time...well at least got me kicked out for the 2nd time...it was Justin and Chadd's first. So anyway here the story goes:

Dave got thrashed at the Mayor's Ball in St Louis, Charles wouldn't take him to Freddies, drove him all the way back to Oakville, Justin and me bitched Charles because Dave was our only lodging for the night and weekend, Charles brought him back to Complex, they were both in tuxs, Dave wanted to change, Dave drank water and choked in front of lesbian bouncer, lesbian bouncer got bitchy, lesbian bouncer concluded Dave was too drunk and barred him from The Complex, we all had to leave AND finally we all just ended up chillin at Denny's.

So what do you think? Enough drama for one night?

The next day was the big day. It was Mardi Gras, 2nd largest possibly largest celebration in the nation since New Orleans got hit by Katrina, we were all excited. So we drove downtown, parked our car at Novaks and took a shuttle there. All the excitement but nothing could prepare us for the disappointment. We missed the parade :( on top of that it was WAY too packed and the weather was really cold so we stayed for an hour and left. Well at least I can say I've experienced the St Louis Mardi Gras. By the time we left, it was around 3pm neither of us has had anything to eat all day, so we drive to the Galleria and headed straight for the Cheesecake Factory. Everybody was hungry and therefore bitchy so it was definitely not a pretty scene. We had to wait and finally got seated and got our food at around 4pm. Gobbled that up, and went back to Dave's to rest and later headed out to the Complex again (Hoping that the bitchy lesbian will let Dave back in). Now this night was the most fun all weekend. We saw a bunch of people from Columbia, we all danced and it was GREAT! There was minor drama with Chadd but overall it was great time in Complex as always on Saturday nights...

The following week, I was pretty much down with some weird form of cold/flu and had to take Monday off, half-heartedly went in to work Tue, Wed and Thurs but was still feeling bad so called in sick on Friday again. I mostly slept those 2 sick days. By Sat I was feeling a little better, I went on a Movie marathon with Joe at Hollywood Cinemas. We watched Capote (good), part of Date Movie (stupid but funny) and Ultraviolet (stupid and more stupid). Word of advice, DO NOT WATCH ULTRAVIOLET! Worst movie ever! The next day was spent doing chores; laundry and grocery shopping. Later that night, I wasn't planning any kind of party or anything but Steph, Em, Dave, Justin and Chadd ended up coming to my house to watch the Oscars. It was disappointing that Brokeback didn't win more awards. Especially best movie but at least it garnerred a lot of publicity and got a huge audience that would not usually go watch a movie in this genre...so I guess that's good enough.

2 comments:

Tze & Yeesin said...

Wah...lots of drama leh. Too bad st Louis' Mardi Gras wasn't up to snuff! Still, looked like you guys tore up the place like teenagers! BTW, too bad brokeback didn't win too... It could have been hyped up too much by the media...

Clarice said...

I heard some old farts in hollywood are still homophobic. I was hoping brokeback would win too.
A few more months with greencard in hand and tell your boss where to stick it.