Friday, March 24, 2006

Career Fair

The weekend really started on Thursday 3/16 when Justin said that Chadd really wants to go to Soco. After Justin successfully persuaded Dave and me to go out, we all went and guess who was the first to leave Soco? Surprise, surprise...it was Chadd...he just disappeared without letting anyone know. But that's Chadd's signature, he makes dramatic exits ;) The next day we didn't really do much, I had dinner with Steph at El Maguey's and then later Dave, Emily, Justin, Steph and me met at Steph's condo and played a very uneventful game of Cranium.

The next day, Dave and I got on the road and headed to St Louis and got in around dinner time and was invited to have dinner with Dave's family. It was a great seeing Dave interact with his family members(Father, Mother, Aunt, Grandmother, niece and nephew). I made small talk here and there but the most rewarding part was noticing the little details that reminded me of my own family meals back when Mom was alive. It made me feel good seeing Dave's Mom hurrying around the kitchen preparing food, his grandma playing with the grandkids and the little jokes between Dave and his Dad. This experience made me feel good inside and definitely brought back my own memories. We went out to Magnolias, Complex and JJ's later that night. Nothing too dramatic happened...

Sunday started out with me wondering around Delmar by myself eating the much craved beef stew noodle and mango custard bubble tea. It was so yummy...:P I then hung out at a Starbucks and finished Memoirs of a Geisha (which is a GREAT book by the way) waiting on Dave to get done with his lunch/interview with the St Louis public defender's chief (0r something like that). I didn't have to wait long when he soon showed up and we went on to the Galleria and spent a good deal of time shopping. Later that evening we went to dinner with Charles and later hung out at a lesbian martini bar and Bill's home.

I took a vacation day for Monday and went to the Marriot for the diversity career fair. Met up with Barry (coworker who was recently laid off) there and passed out some resumes and managed to rack up a bunch of free shit. The fair wasn't especially big but I did not have any expectations going in so I was not disappointed. We all had lunch and then drove back to Columbia.

Below are pictures from the Mardi Gras weekend in St Louis which you can read all about here.


At Denny's after we got kicked out of the Complex


Shane was really drunk and funny (L) & Mingling at the Complex, there were so many ppl from Columbia there that weekend (R)



Don, me, Matt and Bryan at the Comlex

1 comment:

Tze & Yeesin said...

wah. its like every weekend you do lots of fun stuff... When you going to grace us with your presence in KC? Its been a awhile since we last heard from you uncle!!! YS & Elaine even can see you better now!