Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Happy Valentines...

So how was everyone's Valentines? The day where couples get brainwashed into buying overpriced roses and eating at overbooked restaurants all cozy with one another, isn't that just sweet, NOT. Anywho, mine was quite low key. I cooked a meal for us, a full 3 course dinner complete with salad, pasta and dessert, and gave that special someone a cute lil teddy bear and candy of course. It was definitely not a big deal as I had said we wouldn't be doing much, it turned out just the way I wanted it to.


Later in the evening Dave and Em popped by my place to update me on his very dramatic love life. He broke up his relationship on Valentine's Day! How crazy is that :) What a drama queen! Anyway it was definitely interesting hearing about all the little details of the breakup. Apparently my other friends agreed all wrong and said that Valentine's always puts couples in such pressure and that will eventually lead to a high break up rate on this specific day. Anyone else has experienced a Valentine's break up? Do share in comment section...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just would like to say, that I think it was very brave of your friend David to end his relationship on Valentines day. You mock him, as though he were merely some "drama queen," but, it takes incredible strength to leave a relationship that you could continue to benefit from... and to be alone, in this big cold world. You should know that better than anyone else now! I think that David is a hero. You should check yourself gurl. SNAP