Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Merdeka!

Merdeka....Merdeka...Merdeka!
Merdeka is Malaysian for Happy Independence Day!
Well today 48 years ago is when we gained independence from the British. Picture below's just like the United Colors of Benetton ad just this one's Malaysian style with the Malay, Chinese and Indian kids.













It's been a while since I had a blog entry but I'm extremely busy getting gifts and packing and seeing all my friends before leaving. I can't believe it, but I'll be flying home to Malaysia in THREE DAYS! I'm getting more and more excited but really I don't think the feeling will sink in until I get on the plane. I'll be flying Delta from St Louis to LAX and then Malaysian Airlines from LAX to Kuala Lumpur. Considering my travel dates are still considered "peak" the tickets weren't too bad, checking in at approx. $820. I used up my frequent flyer miles to get from St Louis to LAX so that's a major savings there ;)

Anyway I will definitely have limited access to computers back home so I'll probably be taking a vacation from blogging too. But be assured, my blog will be filled with wonderful pictures from Malaysia as soon as I return which I can totally see sucking already....boo to that...:(
I'll have a couple more entries between now and Saturday so to all my friends you have a wonderful September while I indulge in char koay teow, assam laksa, goreng pisang mmmmm and many many others :D

3 comments:

Pipi Longstockings said...

have some penang lasa for me...ooohhh...im craving malaysian food...nasi impit....

Nick 10 said...

I definitely will and tons of other food mmmmmmm food mmmmmm. Where are you situated by the way?

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!