Monday, October 02, 2006

Various Matters

Wow I just realized that today is the second day of October. I just cannot believe that this is the tenth month of the year, two more left before this year comes to an end. I know it's cliche but it really seems like time goes by a lot faster when one gets older.

Anyway on a separate note, the weather has been extremely WARM. Not like I'm complaining, I will take warm weather over cold anytime. But today's high is 91 degrees which is plenty strange and record breaking for the first week of October. I just saw on the news that the last record was set in the 1800s! This whole topic comes hand in hand with the movie (An Inconvenient Truth) I watched with Jerod on Saturday at the Ragtag theater. I know it's been out for a while but if you have yet to see it, definitely go check it out or better yet go buy the DVD which is going to be released soon. Al Gore gives a very compelling argument towards the effects of greenhouse gases. Somewhere through the movie, I felt like it was a doomsday movie and it freaked me out a little but that was the point. Definitely go see it!

Well the last two weekends have been a slow one for me. I am preparing myself for the next couple of weekends which, I think will be pretty wild. I had dinner with Justin and Steph (Justin made brisket yummm) Saturday night and we just sat around and chatted which was fun. After that, I went to some party and later hung out with Don till pretty late, just BS'ing. The next day was nice and warm so I went out to the farm with Justin and just hiked around and ate wild grapes and picked pears off the tree, it was really relaxing. The whole time we were walking around, this really cute stray aka Jackson (beagle mix) followed us around. I think Justin's adopting him.


My loaner for the day, pretty sweet little X3
Also not forgetting, I had to send my car into BMW for servicing last week. The driver's side window was making a scratchy noise and apparently the power window rotor was going out, thankfully my car was still under warranty so they replaced both the driver and passenger FOC. They also gave me a very sweet loaner car for the day, a brand new 2006 BMW X3 with only 1000 miles on the odometer! The service was pretty good, sending me a postcard post service and a customer satisfaction phone survey after, quite a step up from Honda's service. Anyway I hope all these petty problems will surface while I still have this warranty. Over the weekend, my xenon lights were acting strange so looks like I'll have to send it in again to be checked out. I wonder what I'll get this time?

2 comments:

Clarice said...

Hopefully the movie didn't make global warming sounds like an overexaggerated doomsday event easily dismissed by public. Global warming is a very real issue, and there is way to mitigate the problem.

Nick 10 said...

Oh no it didn't, it was very well crafted and definitely reinforced how "real" this problem was. Anyway go see it :)