Monday, October 16, 2006

My birthday

Here are some pictures, some you've seen, some you've not. I will post my birthday pictures soon. Enjoy :)



So last week turned out great. I didn't have much expectations, all I really wanted was just a quiet dinner with a few close friends. On Thursday night we all met up at Murry's for dinner. The initial plan was for Dave, Justin, myself, Steph, KK, John G and Chadd to meet up but as I was sitting there waiting for everyone to show up, I got the biggest surprise EVER! James walked up to me and as I saw him, my mind didn't register. My first thoughts went like this:

Thought #1: "Who is this?!?"
Thought #2: ""Wait a minute, this can't be James, he's in StLouis! And he's gotta work tomorrow!!"
Thought #3: "Oh wow, James so happened to be in Murry's in Columbia for whatever reason, I wonder why is he in town?! What coincidence!"
Thought #4: I finally realized he was there for my Birthday and jumped up and down in surprise!!! =D

So dinner went great; loved the company, loved the conversations and loved the food. I had a great time. I feel so loved with all the calls, text messages, emails, myspace comments etc etc! (THANKS everyone!) After dinner, the party continued at Soco. I had a great time there as well, people were buying me drinks and shots and I got really drunk and flirtatious. Quite different from my usual self. Danced all night long and finally went to bed at 3am! I had to wake up at 7am for work the next morning...ugh...it wasn't pleasant!

Friday, I HAD to take a nap after work. We (Dave, James, Carrie, Jerod, KK) all later went to dinner at the Olive Garden. After dinner we went to my birthday party that Dave's been planning all week to be hosted at Don's house (and ex Sorority house mind you, so it was really cool!). It had a really slow start but towards the end tons of people showed up, some I don't even know! Don gave me my present and let's just say I felt weird for the rest of the night ;) hehehehe!

I can honestly say that this is definitely one memorable birthday. I will remember this for a long, long time if not for the rest of my life. Not only is it my last year being in the twenties, I had a big blow out party! It was amazing. I truly appreciate how blessed I am in my current situation. Sure there are a few dips here and there but I'm generally very glad of what I have.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Mr.Nick! Sounds like a great time!

Clarice said...

Happy Birthday, sister!
Now how are you going to top that for next year big THREE-O?