Sunday, September 10, 2006

My new love affair

I did a little impulse shopping (not really here's proof) recently =D

Anyway as many of you already know, I recently purchased a new car (a 2003 Steel Gray w/ tan leather BMW 330XI) to replace my Accord. Nothing was wrong with the Honda, I was just getting tired and wanted a new toy. Oh geez, I sound like some 50 yo chikopek going through a mid-life crisis. Anyway I guess in a way, I am going through my own little mid-life crisis. In my world, once one goes over 30, they are considered ancient **eeeek** how scary is that as mine is approaching fast!


Just got done washing/polishing my new baby. About ready to pull it into the garage.

I've never owned a European car before and boy have I been missing out. The driving experience is definitely quite different. I have always driven and owned Japanese which aren't bad, they definitely have their strenths as well but the handling, performance and overall drive of this car definitely blew me out of the water. To top it all off, this car is also equipped with tons of extra packages (eg Cold weather & performance package) which includes such luxuries as heated seats, xenon head lights, harmon kardon sound system and tiptronic(sp?) gear shift. I bought this car from a private seller (John S) in Quincy, IL. He is the owner of Castle Mfg and definitely took good care of it. The outside and inside are in such mint condition that it looks practically brand new. So far (knock on wood) I have yet to find any major faults with this car.


Turtle polish definitely gives an amazing shine!

So I guess this is a good time for me to reminisce on the cars I've owned so far. Well my Mazda 323 (BCA 1600) back in Malaysia is technically not mine since my parents' owned it but I remembered how proud I was that it was one for me to call my own. It was an old but reliable car and with it's bright orange color, it was one car that made an immediate statement wherever we went. It was a perfect student car, small and nimble and got great gas mileage. After me, my parents eventually sold it to Paul and he in turn sold it to some stranger. Till this day, my brothers say they see it zipping around KL traffic.


I love this angle of this car, very aggresive looking

The first car I ever bought was here in the US while I was going to school at the Univ of Arkansas. I shelled out $2400 for an '86 Accord coupe that was very well taken care of. This little car was amazing as it took me all around the country. I drove it to Nashville, North Carolina, Texas and many other places. It never broke down on me once. After graduation, the car started to show signs of wear and tear. It was time to replace the timing belt, clutch, air conditioning and brakes I decided to upgrade to another Honda, this time a '98 Honda Accord EX sedan. Ironically, I bought my Honda from a Toyota of Irving dealership ;)


My new car with my house with new (due to hail storm damage) roof, sidings and garage doors.

So with that said, this beemer will be car number 3 excluding my Mazda since my parents owned it. I have yet to own a brand new car. All my cars have been used. It's just a much better deal, to let someone else take the fall for all the depreciation ;) But I will definitely own a brand new car eventually. Till then I'll be enjoying my German ride.

7 comments:

Lynda Ng said...

wah... your car so nice and shiny..:) Congrats on this purchase....u gonna love it!!!

Clarice said...

Can i get ride this weekend?

Clarice said...

Can i get ride this weekend?

Nick 10 said...

LOL of course can lar, Clarice
And thanks Lynda, i'm lovin it ;)

ebian said...

Nice neuh ride!!!

Anonymous said...

Doesn't look used at all...Look's brand new. Congratulations on your new car : ).

Huai

Anonymous said...

These pictures make it look even better than the one on myspace. Looking forward to seeing it Friday.